Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Comparison

It comes out of nowhere. Silent. Sneaky. Weaving itself stealthily into my thoughts. So comfortable and at home in my mind that I barely register it's existence. So common are the lies and half-truths that I listen to them before I can stop myself.

You aren't... You can't... You're don't...

Constant reminding of all that I'm not. All that I can't. All that I'll never be. Hearing only what it wants me to hear, never stopping to evaluate the messages It sends. Stuck in its destructive cycle going down, down, down. Drowning underneath the weight of its heaviness.

Comparison. Permeating every area of my life. Slowly draining all that is inside, robbing me of joy and fulfillment, purpose and hope. Deadly. Poisoning my eyes, my mind, my heart, my soul.

But there is HOPE. There is life found in truth, in Him. Truth that is still being sought, still being learned. Believing in God's final word instead of comparison's ever-changing ones. Discipline exercised over every moment, every thought. Hard work, filtering out the lies and clinging only to what is true. Choosing to believe that truth. Allowing it to set free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Lindsey! How very true!